HND in Quantity Surveying and Construction Cost Management
In order to achieve the aims of the course, a structured programme has been devised
to deliver and asses student performance.
The entire programme consists of 4 semesters.
- The first three semesters cover 14 units and comprises entirely of direct learning experience.
- The final semester cover the individual research project and industrial training component.
Advantages of obtaining a BTEC HND
The key progression path for BTEC Higher National Diploma learners is to the second or third year of a degree or honours degree programme, depending on the match of the BTEC Higher National units to the degree programme in question.
The BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction have been developed with career progression and recognition by professional bodies in mind. It is essential that learners gain the maximum benefit from their programme of study. Consequently Pearsons/ Edexcel we have added value to the qualification by securing recognition for these qualifications.
The following is an indication of relevant professional bodies that recognise or are likely to recognise these BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction and their recommended unit structure, as a qualification contributing towards their requirements:
- The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering (CIBSE)
- The British Institute of Architectural Technologists (BIAT)
Available BTEC HND Programmes
- Quantity Surveying Practice
- Material Technology in Quantity Surveying
- Construction Technology in Quantity Surveying
- Management Principles and Application for Construction and the Built Environment
- Group Project in the Construction Industry
- Health, Safety and Welfare for Construction and the Built Environment
- Law and Contract for Construction and the Built Environment
- Contractual Procedures and Procurement for Construction and the Built Environment
- Economics for Construction and the Built Environment
- Measurement Processes for Construction
- Advanced Measurement for Construction
- Measuring, Tendering and Estimating for construction and the Built Environment
- IT Applications for Construction
- Research Project
- Work-based Learning and Assessment in Construction and the Built Environment
- Workplace Communications Management
- Team Management