BTEC Edexcel (Pearson) HND in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering)
In order to achieve the aims of the course, a structured programme has been devised to deliver and asses student performance.
The entire programme consists of 4 semesters.
- The first three semesters cover 14 units and comprises entirely of direct learning experience.
- The final semester cover the individual research project and industrial training component.
Advantages of obtaining a BTEC HND
The key progression path for BTEC Higher National Diploma learners is to the second or third year of a degree or honours degree programme, depending on the match of the BTEC Higher National units to the degree programme in question.
The BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction have been developed with career progression and recognition by professional bodies in mind. It is essential that learners gain the maximum benefit from their programme of study. Consequently Pearsons/ Edexcel we have added value to the qualification by securing recognition for these qualifications.
Available BTEC HND Programmes
- Design Principles and Application for Construction and the Built Environment
- Science & Materials for Construction and the Built Environment
- Applied Mathematics for Construction and the Built Environment
- Structural Analysis and Design
- Group Project in the construction Industry
- Health, Safety & Welfare for Construction and the Built Environment
- Site surveying procedures for Construction & the Built Environment
- Engineering Geology and Soil Mechanics
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Management Principles & Application for Construction and the Built Environment
- Law & Contract for Construction and the Built Environment
- Project Management for Construction and the Built Environment
- Employability Skills
- Personal & Professional Development
- Research Project
- Work-based learning and Assessment in Construction and the Built Environment