Course Intake – January
Nursing and Healthcare assistants are vital members of the health and social care industry, giving indispensable support to the medical team, whether working with doctors and nurses in a hospital setting, in patient care, health and social care, or public health.
For the first time in Sri Lanka, the Colombo School of Health and Sciences (CSHS) brings the Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Healthcare Practice (Nursing and Healthcare Assistant) allowing prospective students to earn a globally recognized diploma in Sri Lanka and open the doors to multiple healthcare career pathways.
In partnership with Durdans Hospital’s Amrak Institute of Medical Sciences, CSHS brings state of the art clinical facilities and teaching facilities, including clinical training at Durdans Hospital, to give students a modern education in line with industry standards and protocols.
The HND course provides an engaging curriculum, highlighting healthcare practice, health promotion, and social care adapted to both Sri Lankan and international contexts. Students are shaped into competent and compassionate professionals who can kickstart their careers or pursue higher studies.
The course is inclusive of level 4 HNC, which is the first part of the programme.
The course is modular in structure covering sector-specific knowledge and skills. Clinical training is done at Durdans Hospital’s Amrak Institute of Medical Sciences, taught by qualified healthcare professionals who are experts in their fields. Student gain competence in specialist areas through evidence-based practice, personal research, self-study, directed study and workplace learning and experience.
- Full time: 20 months including clinical training.
- Part time: 24-30 months with options in clinical training.
- a : A Levels – 2 S passes (preferably science stream) and O Level Credit pass for Mathematics & English language.
- b : Holders of Pearson BTEC HNC Healthcare Practice qualification can gain advanced entry into level 5 of the HND and complete it within 12 months.
- c : Level 3 qualification in a related subject.
- d : Related work experience of at least 2 years.
All students must provide evidence of proficiency in English. For Sri Lankan students the requirement is a Credit Pass in English at the GCE (Ordinary Level) examination.
Special Features Of The Programme
– Clinical training and lectures delivered by experts in the healthcare industry.
– Clinical training at Durdans Hospital’s Amrak Institute
– Affordable fees and flexible payment plan
– Students with an HNC in Healthcare Practice can join Level 5 and complete the HND in 12 months.
– Students awarded the HND can join Year 2 or Year 3 of healthcare-related bachelor’s degrees in in health and social care, health studies, adult nursing, public health and health promotion at over 1000 Pearson- recognized universities all over the world.
– HND holders can migrate and work in over 70 countries.
HND holders can choose from a wide range of professions in specialties including adult and community nursing, clinical support, midwifery support and rehabilitation services. Students will be able to work in over 70 countries where Pearson qualifications are recognized.
– Senior Healthcare Support Work/Assistant,
– Integrated Health and Social Care
– Public Health and Health Promotion
– Healthcare Management
– Nursing Assistant