BTEC Edexcel (Pearson) HND in Construction Management
In order to achieve the aims of the course, a structured programme has been devised to deliver and asses student performance.
The entire programme consists of 4 semesters.
- The first three semesters cover 17 units and comprises entirely of direct learning experience.
- The final semester cover the individual student project and industrial training component.
Advantages of obtaining a BTEC HND
The key progression path for BTEC Higher National Diploma learners is to the second or third year of a degree or honours degree programme, depending on the match of the BTEC Higher National units to the degree programme in question.
The BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction have been developed with career progression and recognition by professional bodies in mind. It is essential that learners gain the maximum benefit from their programme of study. Consequently Pearsons/ Edexcel we have added value to the qualification by securing recognition for these qualifications.
The following is an indication of relevant professional bodies that recognise or are likely to recognise these BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction and their recommended unit structure, as a qualification contributing towards their requirements:
- The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering (CIBSE)
- The British Institute of Architectural Technologists (BIAT)
Available BTEC HND Programmes
- Design Principles & Application
- Science & Materials
- Analytical Methods
- Management Principles & Application
- Group Project
- Health, Safety & Welfare
- Technology A
- Project Management
- Law & Contract
- Building Services Engineering Technology
- Specification & Contract Documentation
- Contractual Procedures
- Supply Chain Management
- Materials, Properties & Performance
- Individual Student Project
- Production Management
- IT Applications in General (0.5 unit)
- IT CAD
- Work Based Learning A