BTEC Edexcel (Pearson) HND in Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering)
In order to achieve the aims of the course, a structured programme has been devised to deliver and asses student performance.
The entire programme consists of 4 semesters.
- The first three semesters cover 14 units and comprises entirely of direct learning experience.
- he final semester cover the individual research project and industrial training component.
Advantages of obtaining a BTEC HND
The key progression path for BTEC Higher National Diploma learners is to the second or third year of a degree or honours degree programme, depending on the match of the BTEC Higher National units to the degree programme in question.
The BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction have been developed with career progression and recognition by professional bodies in mind. It is essential that learners gain the maximum benefit from their programme of study. Consequently Pearsons/ Edexcel we have added value to the qualification by securing recognition for these qualifications.
The following is an indication of relevant professional body that recognises or is likely to recognise these BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction and their recommended unit structure, as a qualification contributing towards their requirements:
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering (CIBSE)
Available BTEC HND Programmes
- Design Principles & Application for Construction & the Built Environment
- Applied Mathematics for Construction and the Built Environment
- Group Project in the Construction Industry
- Health Safety and Welfare for Construction and the Built Environment
- Applied Mathematics for Complex Engineering Problems
- Building Management System for Building Services Engineering
- Project Management for Building Services Engineering
- Application of Scientific Principles to Building Services Engineering
- Research Project
- Personal and Professional Development
- Air Conditioning for Industrial and Commercial Buildings
- Electricity and Lighting for Building Services Engineering
- Piped Distribution Services for Non- Domestic Buildings
- Employability Skills
- Work- Based Learning and Assessment in Construction and the Built Environment