B.Sc. (Hons.) in Quantity Surveying – RICS accredited, Awarded by University of Salford, UK
BSc (Hons) in Qauntity Surveying
The full 4 years (3 years taught + 1 year industrial training) can be completed entirely in Sri Lanka, providing an opportunity for students seeking an alternative to travelling overseas for higher education. Students also have the option of completing part of their studies at University of Salford, UK, or attend their graduation in the UK with other Salford graduands.
This course is modular in structure and combines academic study with project work. Students will develop a sound knowledge of technical, economic, legal, and management aspects of quantity surveying, including the use of computing resources to financially manage the development, construction and long-term operation of buildings.
In addition, project management skills such as learning how to select, manage and coordinate resources needed for the completion of a construction project will be taught. The final year industrial placement facilitates a smooth transition into the professional work force.
- Including Industrial Placement: 4 Years Full Time
- Excluding Industrial Placement: 3 Years Full Time
- Advanced entry to year 2: 2 Years Full Time
- Advanced entry to year 3: 1 Year Full Time
The course duration is dependent on the entry level at which the student is assessed as eligible.
Special Features of the Programme
- Accredited by the Royal Institution of Charted Surveyors (RICS)
- Availability of different entry levels (year 1, year 2 and year 3)
- Availability of several entry paths
- Affordable fees
- Guest lecturer delivered by the University of Salford staff members and industry experts
- Access to online library resources at the University of Salford
- Supported by leading contractors, consultants, trade associations, professional bodies and the Chamber of Construction Industry in Sri Lanka
- All lectures conducted at the Colombo School of Construction Technology (CSCT) campus in Colombo
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes
- Entry to Year 1
a : a : A-levels – 300 260 points ( equivalent to 1C +3S or above including General English):b : b : Full A-level-(Edexcel or Cambridge syllabus) : HNC or National Certificate/Diploma level qualificationc :Foundation degree (any subject) Passd :HND (any subject) Pass
e : Full undergraduate degree (any subject)(any classification)
- Entry to Year 2
a : HND in a cognate subjectb : Foundation degree in a cognate subject at 60% or morec : Full undergraduate degree in a cognate subject e.g. civil engineering, architecture (any classification)d : College of Estate Management Diploma in Surveying Studies at 60% or more
- Entry to Year 1
e : Completion of IQSSL Level 3
- Entry to Year 3
a : HND/Foundation degree in QS subject with average Distinction grades for Year 2 subjectsb : HND/ Foundation degree must have Quantity Surveying in title of diploma
All students must provide evidence of proficiency in English. For Sri Lankan students the requirement is a Credit Pass in English at the GCE (ordinary level) examination.b : HND/ Foundation degree must have Quantity Surveying in title of diploma
- All students must provide evidence of proficiency in English. For Sri Lankan students the requirement is a Credit Pass in English at the GCE (ordinary level) examination.Appropriately experienced applicants will be considered in line with the University’s Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) procedure.